Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Osama bin Laden
So I’m reading The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11, the topic of which is pretty self-explanatory.
So far I’ve learned a few things about Osama bin Laden that, I would guess, the average person doesn’t know. Including…
- Osama’s dad, Mohammed, who was a wealthy Saudi businessman (think of the Saudi Donald Trump), was killed - wait for it - in a plane crash.
- As a kid, Osama liked the TV shows Bonanza, and Fury.
- In his teens, he formed a glee club to sing songs about Jihad.
- He raised a special needs child, a son who was born with hydrocephalus.
- He enjoyed association football, played center forward (of course), and was a fan of Arsenal.